News and Review: Beverly’s Revenge at the Coca-Cola Rooftop Bar in Disney Springs

Disney4me

OK, where my Disney World veterans at?!? This one is for you guys — my compadres who have known and loved Disney for decades…and who know exactly what I’m talking about when I mention…“BEVERLY.”

Club Cool Flavors - click for larger version

Club Cool Flavors – click for larger version

You either love it…or you REALLY, REALLY HATE IT! That’s the dealio when it comes to Beverly, a carbonated drink popular in Italy (or so they say) made by the Coca-Cola company. Having their friends and family try the super-bitter Beverly at Epcot’s Club Cool has been a sneaky trick that long-time Disney World fans have played for years.

But now? Poor Beverly is getting her own!

The Coca-Cola Rooftop Bar in Disney Springs is quickly earning a reputation for interesting adult beverages. And a recent addition to the menu features none other than the much-maligned Beverly. This, my friends, is Beverly’s Revenge.

Beverly's Revenge

Beverly’s Revenge

If you’re thinking “What a great name for an alcoholic drink!”, we agree.  And we have to think perhaps Beverly is seeking said revenge by partnering the bitter soda with heavy doses of both Hendrick’s Gin and Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur.

Beverly's Revenge

Beverly’s Revenge

The combination is a bit of an odd color, but the addition of bright mint and a fun straw make this drink festive. And while we love the idea of the Blood Orange Liqueur…it didn’t really help. We weren’t able to taste it at all! Rather, Beverly’s Revenge tastes strongly of gin and black licorice.

Beverly's Revenge

Beverly’s Revenge

Like other cocktails we’ve tried at the Coca-Cola Store, this one was strong and heavily poured.  Clearly there was an abundance of gin, which, if it’s a liquor you like, may be an attractive quality.  For us, it was a little off-putting.

Bottom line? We felt about this the way we feel about Beverly in general: “No thanks.” But we know that some of you love it! So, my dear, brave friends, have at it!!

Beverly's Revenge Menu

Beverly’s Revenge Menu

Beverly’s Revenge comes in at $13.00, which is a pretty standard price for drink menus around the World. And, FYI, alcohol/cocktails are now being served at the Coca-Cola Store starting at 1:00 p.m.

Which side of the Beverly debate are you on?  Tell us in the comments!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com! Also, come on over and:

View the full article