Review and Photos: Anandapur Local Food Cafes (AKA Yak and Yeti Counter Service) in Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Disney4me

Hello from Asia in Disney’s Animal Kingdom! We got so excited seeing Kevin from Up that we worked up an appetite!

Kevin-in-Discovery-Island_03-450x600.jpg

Kevin from UP is now in Animal Kingdom!

It’s been a while since we’ve stopped at Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes, so we decided to swing by for a quick lunch.

outside-700x525.jpg

Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe

As, the menu suggests, Yak & Yeti features “tasty food,” which, in this case, is Asian cuisine. One of the best things about this spot is the large portions — you certainly get a good bang for your buck. (or dining plan!)

menu-700x525.jpg

Yak & Yeti Menu

We decided to go for the Teriyaki Beef Bowl and Vegetable Tikka Masala. We also had to stop by the awesome condiment cart, which truly is one of the best reasons to dine here. There’s a large and unique variety of sauces — from soy sauce to duck sauce.

condiment-cart-450x600.jpg

We grabbed some hot sauce, and off we go! First up, the Teriyaki Beef Bowl. This dish is Marinated Beef, Carrots, Snap Peas, Onions, and Mushrooms in a Sweet Teriyaki Sauce and served with White Rice.

steak-teriyaki-450x600.jpg

Teriyaki Beef Bowl

Can’t you almost taste this through the screen?! These veggies were a great part of the meal – a perfect blend of marinade and spices. The teriyaki sauce is good too, and the steak is cooked nicely.

teriyaki-stirred-450x600.jpg

Beef Teriyaki Bowl

My only real complaint is that I wished I had more meat! I ran out of steak far before I ran out of the rice and veggies. However, the steak is flavored nicely and pairs well with the crisp vegetables. I also added this awesome sauce I found to kick it up a notch. This is available on the condiment bars. Did I grab an extra or two for my purse? You’ll never know…

… yes.

chili-sauce-450x600.jpg

Chili Sauce

Next it was time to try the Vegetarian Tikka Masala. This dish is Garbanzo beans, Zucchini, Peppers, Onions, and Tomatoes covered in a creamy yogurt Tikka Masala sauce and served with white rice.

tikka-masala-450x600.jpg

Tikka Masala

Honestly, this was meh. The sauce was pretty bland — I was hoping to really be able to pick up on the Indian spices, but they weren’t very prominent. The garbanzo beans are good, and I appreciate them in the dish — just not as the main attraction. That is to say, they are fine, but honestly, I wish I had some chicken to accompany them. The vegetables add some favor, but overall, I would not order this again. If you’re a vegetarian who’s sick of salads however, this is a unique option for you to try.

Overall, Yak & Yeti is still a good spot to grab a counter service meal in Animal Kingdom. It’s certainly different than burgers and fries, and you’re going to get a large portion!

Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!

Don’t Miss Out on Any Disney Fun!

The 2019 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is now available!

DFB-Guide-2019-sized-200x151.jpg

With more than 750 pages, the 2019 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full of tips and planning tools developed by Disney World experts over 20+ years of visits. We’ve done the research for you, so you’ll know just which spots will uniquely suit your family’s needs!

With mini-reviews of every single restaurant, bar, lounge, kiosk and more; an entire chapter on the best snacks in Disney World; full Disney Dining Plan analysis (and how to get FREE dining); and a full chapter on discounts and deals; you’ll have everything you need to plan your best vacation yet. Click here to order your copy of the 2019 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining E-book with code WDW2019 to save 25% today!

Use code WDW2019 at check-out for a 25% off the cover price!

Our guides are backed by a 100% money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose. 🙂

ready-to-shop-button

Do you like the Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe? Pleas let us know in the comments!

View the full article