Important Genie+ UPDATE Announced for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in Magic Kingdom

Disney4me

TRON Lightcycle / Run is opening in Magic Kingdom SOON (in fact, it’s opening sooner than we thought!), and a new ride means CHANGES in other parts of the park.

2023-Magic-Kingdom-TRON-Lightcycle-Run-N

TRON Lightcycle / Run by night.

The TRON coaster will make use of a virtual queue and will also have an Individual Lightning Lane option if you want to pay to skip the line. Previously, when a new ride has opened in a park, the existing ride that used an Individual Lightning Lane swapped to be part of the normal Disney Genie+. Now, Disney has released an update on what will happen in Magic Kingdom once TRON opens.

Currently, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is the only ride in Magic Kingdom that uses an Individual Lightning Lane. There are several rides that are part of Disney Genie+, but only Seven Dwarfs had the pay-per-ride option. According to Scott Gustin on Twitter, Seven Dwarfs will NOT be switching to the regular Disney Genie+ once TRON opens.

2021-wdw-disney-world-magic-kingdom-what

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Scott said, “Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will remain available for purchase via Individual Lightning Lane when TRON soft opens on March 20 and officially opens on April 4.” So once TRON opens, there will be TWO pay-per-ride attractions in Magic Kingdom.

2022-wdw-magic-kingdom-seven-dwarfs-mine

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Lightning Lane

Remember that Disney Genie+ is the new(ish) way to skip the lines at many Disney attractions. You pay a set price (between $15 and $29 per person, per day) and then reserve Lightning Lanes throughout the day so that you’re able to bypass the standby lines. The most popular rides in each park, however, are part of the pay-per-ride system instead of the normal Genie+.

2021-wdw-disney-world-atmos-magic-kingdo

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Lightning Lane

For these rides, you must pay a separate, extra fee in order to skip the line. Currently, the pay-per-ride attractions are Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewins, Avatar — Flight of Passage, and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Adding TRON Lightcycle / Run into the mix will mean that Magic Kingdom is the only park with two pay-per-ride attractions.

2023-wdw-mk-tron-lightcycle-run-roller-c

TRON Lightcycle / Run queue

TRON Lightcycle / Run officially opens on April 4th, 2023, but it will have a soft opening from March 20th through April 2nd. It will NOT be open on April 3rd.

wdw-2023-mk-magic-kingdom-tron-lightcycl

TRON Lightcycle / Run

Stay tuned to DFB for more updates on all the latest Disney news!

Click here to learn all about TRON Lightcycle / Run.

Join the DFB Newsletter to get all the breaking news right in your inbox! Click here to Subscribe!

Don't Miss Out on Any Disney Fun!

Order Your Copy of the 2023 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining Today!

DFB-guide-3-guides-in-one-image-copy.jpg With more than 900 pages, the 2023 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining is full of tips and planning tools developed by Disney World experts over 30+ years of visits. We've done the research for you, so you'll know just which spots will uniquely suit your family's needs!

You'll get a Reference Guide, a 101 Plan, and a Printables and Resources Guide! With mini-reviews of every single restaurant, bar, lounge, kiosk and more; an entire chapter on the best snacks in Disney World; full Disney Dining Plan analysis; and a full chapter on discounts and deals; you'll have everything you need to plan your best vacation yet.

Click here to order your copy of the 2023 DFB Guide to Walt Disney World Dining E-book with code WDW2023 to save 25% off the cover price today!

Use code WDW2023 at check-out for 25% off the cover price today!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/ready-to-shop-button.png Our guides are backed by a 100% money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose. 🙂

Are you planning to ride TRON Lightcycle / Run when it opens? Let us know in the comments.

The post Important Genie+ UPDATE Announced for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in Magic Kingdom first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article