BREAKING: Huge Genie+ CHANGE Announced for Disney World

Disney4me

Ever since Genie+ was introduced in Disney World in 2021, we’ve seen a lot of changes.

2023-wdw-atmo-dak-tree-of-life-genie-pam

Genie+

From date-based pricing to new Lightning Lanes added, you have to stay on top of the Genie+ news in order to use the system as effectively as possible in the parks. And now, Disney World is introducing an update that will change your strategy BIG TIME.

Starting June 27th, visitors will now purchase Genie+ based on the park that they want to visit. Guests can either buy a single-park Genie+ option or a multi-park option.

disney-genie-disney-world-see-todays-pri

©Disney

Both of these offerings will be subject to availability and prices will vary. This means that prices could be lower at one park than at another. For example, you might pay $27 at Magic Kingdom on a particular day, but Genie+ could be $18 at Animal Kingdom that day if there’s lower demand.

Click here to subscribe

You’ll continue to purchase Genie+ through the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit. Currently, sales are available beginning at midnight and all visitors can make their first Genie+ selection starting at 7AM.

2023-wdw-atmo-dak-kali-river-rapids-ligh

Kali River Rapids LIghtning Lane

The Disney World website has been updated with a note about this change. Currently, the My Disney Experience app still shows the current method for purchasing, and that likely won’t change until the 27th. Keep in mind that you may need to update your app when this change goes live.

wdw-2023-disney-world-genie-update-websi

©Disney

Disney also shared a graphic that shows what purchasing Genie+ will be like on June 27th. At the top, you’ve got the “Multiple Parks” option with the most expensive price, then each of the individual parks is below that with varying price points. Predictably, Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are the most expensive, with EPCOT and Animal Kingdom costing less individually. It’s not a guarantee that it’ll always be that way, but it’s a similar trend we’ve noticed with one-day ticket prices.

wdw-2023-my-disney-experience-genie-purc

©Disney

We’ll make sure to keep you updated with more details about this change, and we’ll check it out when it goes live on June 27th. Stay tuned to DFB for the latest news and updates from Disney World.

Click Here to Learn More About Genie+!

What do you think of this change? Tell us in the comments!

The post BREAKING: Huge Genie+ CHANGE Announced for Disney World first appeared on the disney food blog.

View the full article